Ideas to action: independent research for global prosperity
How Much Would It Cost to Extend Mobile Coverage to Everyone in Tanzania?
January 21, 2020
Less than 45 percent of the area of Tanzania is covered by any form of cell phone reception. Telecom providers target high-population areas first, so the percentage of the population covered by the cell phone signal is 83 percent. But the problem is that the remaining 17 percent of the population, o...