This paper surveys 160 cases where biometric identification has been used for economic, political, and social purposes in developing countries. One primary conclusion is that identification should be considered as a component of development policy, rather than being seen as just a cost on a program-by-program basis.
- (-) Remove Biometrics and the ID Revolution filter Biometrics and the ID Revolution
- (-) Remove 2013 filter 2013
- (-) Remove Digital Payments and Service Delivery filter Digital Payments and Service Delivery
- (-) Remove Technology and Development filter Technology and Development
- (-) Remove Working Papers filter Working Papers
Filter by publication type:
January 28, 2013