Women’s economic empowerment is increasingly recognized as critical to achieving development outcomes around the world. Informed by a roundtable discussion at the Center for Global Development (CGD) and additional suggestions from CGD researchers, this four-point memo aims to issue practical proposals for the next US administration, particularly aimed at economically empowering women and girls worldwide, as a building block toward the full realization of broader gender equality and women’s agency and empowerment. The recommendations build on those in CGD’s The White House and the World briefing book, as well as the CGD policy memo “A US Law or Executive Order to Combat Gender Apartheid in Discriminatory Countries” and ongoing work at CGD focused on women’s financial inclusion.
- (-) Remove Financial Inclusion and Regulation filter Financial Inclusion and Regulation
- (-) Remove Cindy Huang filter Cindy Huang
- (-) Remove Gender and Equality filter Gender and Equality
- (-) Remove 00:00 filter 00:00
- (-) Remove Promoting Women's Economic Empowerment filter Promoting Women's Economic Empowerment
Filter by publication type:
September 6, 2016