- João Tovar Jalles, Assistant Professor, University of Lisbon will make a short presentation
- Katherine Baer, Assistant Director, Fiscal Affairs Department, IMF
- Chiara Bronchi, Practice Manager, World Bank
- Yaw Ansu, Senior Policy Advisor to the Minister for Finance, Ghana
- Elliot Harris, UN Assistant Secretary General and Chief Economist UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs
- Sanjeev Gupta, Senior Policy Fellow, Center for Global Development
ABOUT THE EVENT
Many developing countries are gradually reforming their tax systems to make them more efficient and equitable, and are seeking technical advice and financial assistance from donors and international institutions, such as the IMF and World Bank. It is not uncommon for different interest groups in these countries to oppose tax reforms. This event will focus on political considerations that influence the implementation of tax reforms and whether they have made developing countries´ tax systems more equitable.