- Vivien Foster, Chief Economist for the Infrastructure Vice-Presidency, World Bank
- Malarvizhi Veerappan, World Development Report Manager and Senior Data Scientist, World Bank
- Shaida Badiee, Managing Director and Co-founder, Open Data Watch
- Al Kags, Co-Founder and CEO, The Open Institute
- Deepa Karthykeyan, Director, Athena Infonomics
- Michael Pisa, Policy Fellow, Center for Global Development
The World Bank’s 2021 World Development Report “Data for Better Lives” calls for a new social contract that enables the use and reuse of data to create economic and social value, promotes equitable opportunities to benefit from data, and fosters citizens’ trust that they will not be harmed by misuse of the data they provide. Achieving these aims will require concerted action from stakeholders across government, the private sector, and civil society.
Please join us for a conversation with senior World Bank staff who contributed to the Report, Vivien Foster and Malarvizhi Veerappan, and data policy experts and practitioners Shaida Badiee and Deepa Karthykeyan to discuss the work and research agenda needed to support the vision laid out by the World Development Report. The discussion will be moderated by CGD Policy Fellow Michael Pisa.