- Masood Ahmed, President, Center for Global Development
- Deepak Mishra, Director and Chief Executive, Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER)
- NK Singh, President, Institute of Economic Growth & Chairperson, Fifteenth Finance Commission of India
- Vera Songwe, Non-Resident Senior Fellow in the Africa Growth Initiative, Brookings Institution & former Executive Secretary, Economic Commission for Africa
- Nicholas Stern, IG Patel Professor of Economics and Government & Chairman of the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment, London School of Economics
Sara Pantuliano, Chief Executive, ODI
This event marks the public launch of the reports of the G20 Independent Expert Group (IEG) on strengthening multilateral development banks (MDBs), appointed under the India G20 Presidency. CGD President Masood Ahmed will participate in this panel discussion on the sidelines of the Annual Meetings of the World Bank and International Monetary Fund.
The IEG recommends a triple agenda to harness the potential of MDBs: (i) adopting a triple mandate of eliminating extreme poverty, boosting shared prosperity and contributing to global public goods; (ii) tripling sustainable lending levels by 2030; and (iii) creating a third funding mechanism which would permit flexible and innovative arrangements for purposefully engaging with investors who are willing to support elements of the MDB agenda. To achieve these objectives, MDBs have to become better, bolder and bigger institutions by undergoing reform in key areas.
Join the Center for Global Development, ODI, and the the Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER) for this important conversation.
For a full list of CGD Meetings in Marrakech, click here.