- Alice Albright, CEO, Global Partnership for Education
- Rose Baguma, Director General, Education Policy & Planning, Minister of Education, Rwanda
- Susannah Hares, Education Co-Director and Senior Policy Fellow, Center for Global Development
- Jaime Saavedra, Global Director for Education, World Bank
- Masood Ahmed, President, Center for Global Development
ABOUT THE EVENT
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a severe impact on almost every school system in the world. As schools start to reopen, education policy makers are faced with the dual challenge of getting children back into school and planning for the long-term consequences of the pandemic on the sector.
During this event, we will discuss what some of the long-term shifts in education will be as a result of COVID-19. We will examine consequences for education globally and domestically, including the impact on finance and how to mitigate the adverse effects of the pandemic on the most vulnerable children.