- Jamille Bigio, Deputy Assistant Administrator for Gender Equality, USAID
- Shungu Gwarinda, Interim CEO and Director of Programs, The Graça Machel Trust
- Lisa Williams, Senior Analyst and Team Lead, Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment, OECD
- Anita Zaidi, President of Gender Equality, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Roopa Dhatt, Co-Founder & Executive Director, Women in Global Health
- Megan O’Donnell, Assistant Director for Gender, Center for Global Development
ABOUT THE EVENT
The Center for Global Development (CGD) and Women in Global Health (WGH) are pleased to co-host this event, following the second session of the Generation Equality Forum, organized by UN Women in collaboration with France as country host. The Forum process, which ran over the past two years in recognition of the 25th anniversary of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action, was designed to catalyze momentum on global gender equality through new and robust commitments from governments, international organizations, the private sector, and civil society.
During the event, experts will reflect on the Forum’s outcomes, with an emphasis on those from the Economic Justice and Rights Action Coalition. High-level representatives from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the OECD, country governments, and civil society will explore needed next steps to maintain momentum, ensure that stated commitments get implemented, and bolster longer-term accountability around women’s economic empowerment and broader gender equality.