- Ratna Sahay, Senior Advisor on Gender in the Office of the Managing Director, IMF
- Philip Jennings, Executive Director of the IMF Executive Board
- Reza Baqir, Former Governor, State Bank of Pakistan
- Malado Kaba, Director for Gender, Women, and Civil Society at the African Development Bank & former Minister of Finance, Guinea
- Masood Ahmed, President, Center for Global Development
- Megan O’Donnell, Policy Fellow & Assistant Director for Gender, Center for Global Development
In launching its first-ever Gender Mainstreaming Strategy, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has taken an unprecedented step. The strategy’s development and recent Board approval reflect the Fund’s understanding of the macro-critical nature of gender equality as well as macroeconomic policies’ ability to either widen or narrow gender gaps.
The event will present the strategy’s content and plans for its rollout. The event will begin with a presentation by Ratna Sahay, Senior Advisor on Gender in the Office of the Managing Director at the IMF, followed by a panel discussion featuring perspectives from the IMF Board, government representatives, and partner institutions.
If you have questions for our panelists, please submit your comments via YouTube.