- Masood Ahmed, President, Center for Global Development (CGD)
- Edward Brown, Senior Director of Research & Policy Engagements, African Center for Economic Transformation (ACET)
- Guillaume Chabert, Deputy Director, Strategy, Policy and Review Department, International Monetary Fund
- Charleen Adam Gust, Division Chief, Concessional Financing Division, Finance Department, International Monetary Fund
- Rose Ngugi, Executive Director, The Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis (KIPPRA)
- Stefan Oswald, State Secretary, Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, Germany (BMZ)
- Michael Atingi-Ego, Deputy Governor, Bank of Uganda
- Nadia Daar, Head of Office, Oxfam
ABOUT THE EVENT
The Center for Global Development and the African Center for Economic Transformation are hosting a public event on the recently reformed policies governing the use of the Poverty Reduction and Growth Trust (PRGT). With the world’s attention this summer on the allocation and recycling of Special Drawing Rights (SDRs), these reforms have gotten little attention from the development community. In this event, the IMF will present the reforms and their intended impact followed by commentary from a group of panelists from borrowing countries, donor countries and civil society. A summary of the reforms can be found here and the paper with all the details can be found here.
The event will be moderated by Edward Brown, Senior Director of Research & Policy Engagements, African Center for Economic Transformation (ACET) and Masood Ahmed, President, Center for Global Development (CGD).
If you have questions for our panelists, please submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet @CGDev #CGDTalks, or submit your comments via YouTube.