- Avinash Persaud, Special Envoy to the Prime Minister of Barbados
- Daouda Sembene, CEO, AfriCatalyst
- David McNair, Executive Director for Global Policy, The ONE Campaign
- Hassatou Diop, Vice-President for Finance and Chief Financial Officer, African Development Bank
- H.E. Oulimata Sarr, Minister of Economy of Senegal (TBC)
- Phil Stevens, Head of International Finance Institutions, Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office
- Mark Plant, Senior Fellow, Center for Global Development
- Vera Songwe, Chairwoman, Board of Directors of Liquidity and Sustainability Facility (TBC)
- Dr. Rabiou Abdou, Minister of Planning of Niger
- Maggie Mutesi, Managing Editor, Mansa Media
Our world is facing unprecedented challenges that transcend national boundaries, with millions suffering from the adverse effects of climate change, inadequate access to water and sanitation and food insecurity. These shocks have crippled economies at a time when several developing countries are heavily indebted. Against this background, sound policies and multilateral cooperation are needed to build a long-term sustainable future and help countries overcome the social and economic inequities that compromise the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals.
Join CGD and AfriCatalyst for a discussion on innovative financing options for African countries, notably by recycling SDRs to vulnerable African economies through MDBs.
If you have questions for our panelists, please submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet @CGDev #CGDTalks, or submit your comments via YouTube.