This is an external event, co-hosted by the Korean Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Future Consensus Institute, which features CGD expert Amanda Glassman.
COVID-19 knows no borders and can only be overcome through united efforts by the international community. Then, what would be the best global response system for the next pandemic? What will it take to bring countries together to fight the threat in a timely and effective manner?
Korea’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Yeosijae (Future Consensus Institute, a leading think tank in Korea) are co-hosting a webinar to explore a global rapid response system for future pandemics. The panelists will include experts on global health and strategies from the Council on Foreign Relations, Center for Global Development, and Institut Pasteur Korea.
Opening | Welcome Remarks
- Jae-bok Chang, Ambassador for Public Diplomacy, ROK MOFA
- Dana Jea, Public Diplomacy Fellow, ROK MOFA / US State Department
- Byoung-jo Chun, COO & Chief Economist of Yeosijae
- Amanda Glassman, Executive Vice President of the Center for Global Development
- Thomas Bollyky, Senior Fellow and Director of the Global Health Program at the Council on Foreign Relations
- Yun-Chul Hong, Professor of Preventive Medicine at Seoul National University
- Youngmee Jee, CEO of the Institut Pasteur Korea (KF Special Representative for Health Diplomacy)