- Constantine Michalopoulos, author of Aid, Trade, and Development; Senior Policy Advisor, Hellenic Foundation for European & Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP); former senior official World Bank and USAID
- Clare Short, former Secretary of State for International Development, United Kingdom
- Nancy Birdsall, President Emeritus and Senior Fellow, Center for Global Development
- Gyude Moore, Senior Policy Fellow, Center for Global Development
- Masood Ahmed, President, Center for Global Development
Developing countries have made tremendous progress in reducing poverty in the last fifty years, supported by international cooperation and more open societies and economies. However, in recent years, nationalist and populist movements as well as geopolitical fractures have hindered multilateralism, undermined the prospects for sustainable global development, and as a result, weakened the collective ability to promote peace and address global challenges.
Presenting the second edition of Aid, Trade, and Development, author Constantine Michalopoulos will discuss how the changing global context and the COVID-19 pandemic have influenced international development and cooperation since the publication of the first edition in 2017. Michalopoulos and experts Nancy Birdsall, Clare Short, and Gyude Moore will share reflections and insights on how to promote more equitable globalization and sustainable development.
Order the book online here and use the promo code T9DD7FIMB34EMQ to save 20%.
If you have questions for our panelists, please send your comments via YouTube.