- Shahrokh Fardoust, Research Professor, Global Research Institute, College of William and Mary
- Stefan G. Koeberle, Director of Strategy and Operations, World Bank
- Moritz Piatti-Fünfkirchen, Senior Economist, World Bank
- Lodewijk Smets, Senior Economist, World Bank
- Mark Sundberg, Deputy Vice President and Chief Economist, Millennium Challenge Corporation
- Alison Evans, Former Director-General, Evaluation, World Bank Group
- Alan Gelb, Senior Fellow Emeritus, Center for Global Development
- Atish Ghosh, Historian, International Monetary Fund
- Pierre Jacquet, Former President, Global Development Network
- Dirk Willem te Velde, Director of International Economic Development Group and Principal Research Fellow, Overseas Development Institute (ODI)
- Erica Gerretsen, INTPA Director for Human Development, Migration, Governance and Peace, European Commission
- Masood Ahmed (moderator), President, Center for Global Development
Join the Center for Global Development for the launch of Retooling Development in the 21st Century: The Importance of Budget Support, a new book from a number of top development economists which explores the need to revisit the role of budget support in the face of an uncertain world and a changing international financial architecture.
Today, there is a big push for the multilateral development banks to provide more finance in support of developing countries’ attempts to get back on track with the Sustainable Development Goals and address global public goods like the fight against climate change. This event will focus on the evolution of budget support, evidence of effective changes, the critical challenges of global public goods, and more.
The authors will present key lessons and findings from the book, and other experts will engage in a moderated discussion on their implications for the future of budget support.