With rigorous economic research and practical policy solutions, we focus on the issues and institutions that are critical to global development. Explore our core themes and topics to learn more about our work.
In timely and incisive analysis, our experts parse the latest development news and devise practical solutions to new and emerging challenges. Our events convene the top thinkers and doers in global development.
Online Event: Approaching COVID-19 Risk and Response through a Gender Lens
Thursday, April 9, 2020 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm ET
While the immediate impacts of COVID-19 are already apparent, some have yet to surface, and many of them will have different effects for different genders. Health systems, schools, and entire economies will continue to present gender-differential consequences for months and years to come as a result of this ongoing crisis.
By applying a gender lens to this pandemic, researchers and policy makers can better assess differential risks and target responses to ensure already-vulnerable populations don’t fall even farther behind. Join us for this online discussion with CGD experts, external researchers, practitioners, and advocates on how a gender lens helps us better understand and respond to the threat of COVID-19.
• Gary Barker, President and CEO, Promundo
• Carleigh Krubiner, Policy Fellow, Center for Global Development
• Amber Peterman, Associate Research Professor, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
• Crystal Simeoni, Economic Justice Lead, FEMNET
• Clare Wenham, Assistant Professor of Global Health Policy, London School of Economics
• Olabukunola Williams, Executive Director, Education as a Vaccine
• Megan O'Donnell, Assistant Director, Gender Program and Senior Policy Analyst
Assistant Director, Gender Program and Senior Policy Analyst
This event will be streamed live. Register above to receive a reminder about the webcast before the event. The video will stream and remain availableon this page. Close-captioned-enabled video will be posted following the conclusion of the event.